Wizkid Career, Networth and Biography
Career Review And Networth
- Name: Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun
- Also known as Lil PrinzWizzyStarboyMachalaDaddy YoBaba NlaBig WizEleniyan
- Born 16 July 1990 (age 31)
- Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
- Genres Afrobeat reggae dancehall R&B hip hop
- Occupation(s) Singersongwriter
- Years active 2001–present
- Labels StarboyRCA (current)Empire Mates Entertainment (former)
- Children: Zion Ayo-Balogun, Boluwatife Balogun, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, Jr.
- Awards: MTV Europe Music Award for Best African Act, more
- Siblings: Yetunde Balogun, Lade Balogun
- Net Worth:$4 Million
- Age: 31
- Country of Origin:Nigeria
- Source of Wealth:Professional Singer
Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun (born 16 July 1990), known professionally as Wizkid, is a Nigerian singer and songwriter. He began recording music at the age of 11 and released a collaborative album with the Glorious Five, a group he and a couple of his church friends formed. In 2009, Wizkid signed a record deal with Banky W’s Empire Mates Entertainment (E.M.E). He later rose to the limelight after releasing “Holla at Your Boy”, the lead single from his debut studio album, Superstar (2011), which also spawned the singles “Tease Me/Bad Guys” and “Don’t Dull”.
as of 2018, he was featured on the song “Checklist” by Normani and Calvin Harris, which reached number-one on the Billboard World Digital Song Sales chart. The following year, he was featured on Beyoncé’s project The Lion King: The Gift on the single “Brown Skin Girl”, which also reached number-one on the World Digital Song Sales chart, and won him a Grammy Award for Best Music Video. In October 2020, he released his fourth album, Made in Lagos, which received commercial success and acclaim, reaching number-one on the Billboard World Album Chart. The album includes the single “Essence” featuring Tems, which became the first Nigerian song to chart on the Billboard Hot 100, and reached the top ten following a remix released by Justin Bieber.
Some of his big wins include Artist of the Year at the 2021 Apple Music Awards, two BET Awards for Best International Act, three Soul Train Music Awards, an MTV Europe awards for Best African Act, three Billboard Music Awards
Leave a Reply