Study In USA: 2023 Columbia University Human Rights Advocates Program
Applications from competent human rights activists in all parts of the globe are encouraged by Columbia University.
A private Ivy League research institution in New York City, Columbia University is also referred to as Columbia and formally as Columbia University in the City of New York. Columbia University is the oldest higher education school in New York and the fifth-oldest in the nation. It was founded in 1754 as King’s College on the grounds of Trinity Church in Manhattan.
Participants are chosen based on their proven potential to pursue graduate-level studies, dedication to the human rights area, and prior experience working in the field of human rights. Government employees and full-time students will not be taken into consideration. It is encouraged that applicants work a full- or part-time employment while pursuing their advocacy goals.
Apply Now: Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2023
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: May 12, 2023
Details of Scholarship:
The program is intended for human rights advocates who work with NGOs on issues like gender-based and sexual violence, minority rights, LGBTQI+ rights, labor rights, indigenous peoples’ rights, migration, health, social exclusion, environmental justice, disability rights, and corporate social responsibility.
To be taken into account for the program:
- Advocacy efforts must start at the local level. With the exception of individuals who represent underprivileged populations, applicants from high-income nations will not be taken into consideration.
- English proficiency is necessary. Those who haven’t previously had the chance to travel or study abroad are given preference.
- An undergraduate degree is necessary.
- Advocates must pledge to returning to their organizations after completing the program and must provide confirmation of institutional support in English from those organizations.
- Each company should only submit one application. If an organization submits more than one application, all of those applications will be rejected. The applicant is responsible for verifying that no other members of the organization have applied.
Study In USA: 2023 Harvard University MBA Boustany Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The program is split into two semesters, with the first semester taking place online from late October/early November to mid-December 2022, and the second semester taking place in person from early January to early May 2023.
- After completing its rigorous selection process, ISHR makes every attempt to acquire financing for the program for the Advocates who made the short list. Shortlisted Advocates may be required to raise the monies necessary for their admission to the program in those circumstances if ISHR is unable to acquire financing.
- We will be able to enroll one eligible Trans Advocate from Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, or Eastern and Southern Africa to the 2022–2023 program thanks to the generosity of the Arcus Foundation.
- We will be able to enroll eligible Advocates working on LGBT, disability, or SRHR issues in Latin America or Africa in the 2022–2023 program thanks to the generosity of additional supporters. Outstanding candidates working on other human rights concerns at the grassroots level globally will be supported by additional donors who will be identified.
Study In USA: 2023 University of Miami Scholarship for International Students
Candidates must be prepared to provide the following paperwork in order to apply:
two recommendation letters, each signed.
a copy of your transcripts and/or graduation from college. (If you have more than one degree, post the best one.)
proof of English proficiency
Candidates who meet the requirements can start their applications by clicking the button below.
financial aid status
By the beginning of September 2023, applicants will be informed of their status.
Leave a Reply